I have been encouraged by reading blog posts from other mothers who recognise the importance of our task in bringing up children in a Christian way. "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6





Wednesday, May 26, 2010

From the Archives

August 2008

It was the weekend and  there was no hurry to get out of bed. Master 1 seemed to be sleeping in, Miss 3 had been made comfortable downstairs with an apple, some milk and a video, and my husband had cut me a slice of freshly made bread which I was enjoying in bed with a book and a cup of tea. Having finished a chapter, I suddenly felt uneasy- things were too quiet downstairs…This was what I found:


I had expected to find the new loaf of bread hollowed out and eaten- that has happened before- but instead she’d spread it with butter and then packed the rest of the butter into her little saucepan and was eating it with a spoon. The pictures don’t do justice to the state of the bench, the stepladder or her face, hands and hair! When I asked the usual silly question, “What are you doing?” she said innocently, “I’m sitting on my tuffet eating my curds and whey.”

What can a mother do but laugh and take photos?

3 comments:

  1. That is a GREAT excuse!!! Made me laugh! My kids like to eat butter. I have to put it WAY back on the counter when I soften it for cookies or they get into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's too cute...even though it's also very disgusting...blah! I couldn't imagine just eating plain butter! =) Love her response!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the answer she gave. The mess is a totally different answer. Thank for stopping by. I loved Erase, Erase, Erase too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I like to know who's been for a visit.